With the enormous variety of baby gifts available today, it is important to remember that the gift should be practical, unique, or even have sentimental value. However difficult a task it might be for you to choose a gift suitable for a new born baby, bear in mind that it’s the thought and gesture that really matters in the end. Following are 11 great baby gift ideas to help you make the right choice.
1. Diapers — a gift of diapers is always welcome. There is a wide variety of reputed brands of disposable diapers on the market to choose from or, if you prefer the eco-friendly route, make it a gift of cloth diapers.
2. Clothing — baby clothing items such as bibs, vests, caps, booties and mittens always come in handy. Buy only cotton items though, since synthetic fabrics can be a problem to a baby’s sensitive skin.
3. Photo album — this is a gift that most new parents love, as it means that they can keep a record of all their baby’s milestones, their foot and hand prints, all the important details of their baby’s birth and of course, loads of photos!
4. Silver jewelry — gifting a new born baby with silver jewelry is a favorite with many people, since there are several health benefits to wearing the metal against the skin. Apart from jewelry items like anklets and bangles, you can also choose a gift of silver bowls, cups or spoons.
5. Musical toys and rattlers — there is an enormous range of musical toys and rattlers on the market to choose from. Their colors and designs are beautiful and extremely soothing, making them a great entertaining gift for any new born.
6. Baby hampers — baby hampers are an excellent option if you can’t decide on a gift for a new born. A quality hamper from a genuine retailer like Milly & Henry can contain several items suitable for a new baby, for example, feeding essentials such as various sized bottles, extra nipples, bottle covers, bottle brushes, breast pumps, breast pads, bibs and sippers.
7. Bed linen — baby bed linen also makes an awesome gift. Choices are wide and varied, such as bedding sets, quick-dry linen, or you can go for the latest trend and give a beautiful sleeping bag, sure to keep baby warm as toast!
8. Room décor — room décor is a great baby gift idea. You can choose from items like wall stickers, picture frames, lighting, carpets, rugs, drapes and much, much more.
9. Skin care products — since babies have such sensitive skins, a gift of a range of special baby skin care products will definitely be appreciated by the new parents. Body lotions, foam shampoos, soaps, massage oils, baby wipes and diaper rash creams are just a few items of the large variety available.
10. Furniture for baby’s room — you can gift pieces of furniture for the baby’s room, such as a change unit, a travel cot, a rocking chair and so forth. Baby furniture is available on the market in a wide variety of colors, styles and finishes.
11. A gift check — if you really can’t decide what to buy, or don’t have the time to do some gift shopping, you can always give a gift check, which will allow the parents to purchase anything they want to for their new little addition to the family.